PDA

Visualizza Versione Completa : Qualcosa sui sax Santoni?

Peppe_SaX
28th June 2007, 19:10
Ciao a tutti?Qualcuno mi sa dare maggiori informazioni in merito ai sassofoni santoni??Ho osaputo che Jan Garbarek lo utilizza o l'ha utilizzato.Attendo vostri pareri...grazie!!

Simone Borgianni
28th June 2007, 19:29
:roll: Mai sentito! ma sono sax vintage o è una nuova marca?

Alessio Beatrice
28th June 2007, 21:16
Esistono e credo siano vecchi ma di più non so... :roll:

12th July 2007, 02:01
Ciao a tutti?Qualcuno mi sa dare maggiori informazioni in merito ai sassofoni santoni??Ho osaputo che Jan Garbarek lo utilizza o l'ha utilizzato.Attendo vostri pareri...grazie!!

Santoni was a manufacturer of woodwind instruments in Pare/ Como, active until the beginning of the 70s, some evidence that he built also for other companies (saxes for buffet/evette, oboes for howarth?). I had a curved soprano sax (seems to be the same model Garbarek uses as well), and an alto sax from Santoni, but both of them were not "pro" instruments, and I used them as reserve instruments when traveling etc.. The soprano indeed sounded a little bit like Jan, but e.g. the Yanagisawa I usually play is better to "handle", in terms of intonation etc. JG himself said that his Santoni soprano is a quite simple sax and not on the same level as other curved sopranos, e.g. the american ones he has as well, but that he's just used to it. I often heard Jan in concerts, playing mostly on the Santoni sax, but in the last three years sometimes on a curved Buescher- and wasn't aware of a significant "sound difference"- was simply Garbareks soprano sound :)

12th July 2007, 15:59
wow!!
qualcuno che posta completamente in inglese!!!
Non ci ho capito molto però.....