PDA

Visualizza Versione Completa : dave guardala m b laser trimmed bullet chamber

31st January 2011, 14:58
Mike F05-02-2006, 03:37 PM
OK, here's the story!
I spoke to Jim Cheek at saxophones.co.uk. He told me that a few weeks after I'd bought the gold Studio from them and I had told him about PMS, they went to the Frankfurt show. They came across PMS, at which point he remembered our conversation about them producing new DG LT mouthpieces. He subsequently ordered some pieces from them and they now have them in the shop.
According to him, none of the new LT pieces are exactly the same as the original LT pieces, and we agreed that the new MBII is certainly not the same as the original hand made model.
He personally has an 'original' LT Crescent, and he says that the New Crescent piece from PMS has a different internal design from his USA made LT Crescent. He said that the internal design of the New Crescent piece looked more like, but not the same as an old Studio.
With regard to the PMS MBII, whilst agreeing that the design was very similar to a King, he said that it had a thicker tip section, ie thicker as seen by the tongue, as it were, and also a slightly thicker tip rail.
He thought that the PMS MBII had more resistance and a darker tone than the King. He wasn't specific about how the PMS King and Super King models were different from the original LT pieces, but he certainly thought that they were.
So it seems that the New Crescent and MBII models from PMS are basically new pieces in their own right, and not copies of either the hand made DG pieces or even the USA LT pieces, and the PMS King and Super King are similar but not the same as the USA LT pieces.
IMO that wouldn't really matter, except that PMS are claiming that they ARE exact copies of an original hand made DG mouthpiece (as the USA LT's were), and even if they weren't making that claim, you'd be paying a premium just because it says DG under the bite plate.
They might be very good pieces in their own right, but I don't think that anyone should be under the illusion that they're anything like a hand made or original USA LT DG.
IL GIALLO è CHIARITO. NASCE TUTTO A FRANCOFORTE NEL 2006 DA PMS(CHE PRODUCE ANCHE I GUARDALA HAND MADE TEDESCO INDIANI) COMPRATE BECCHI VINTAGE E NON AVRETE SORPRESE .(COMUNQUE IL BECCO PIACE MOLTO A UN AMICO CHE HA UN GUARDALA DOC DA 1400 EURO E PUO' DARSI DIVENTI UNA VERA RARITA'!

tzadik
31st January 2011, 15:33
Il testo ha poco significato.

Le differenze citate nel testo sono "micro" non "macro"... un MB-II è ben diverso da un King e da un Super King e lo stesso vale per il New Crescent.

La presenza di un baffle lunghissimo che termina con una bullet chamber e la restrizione sulla camera non sono differenze "micro".
Non è credibile che un New Crescent suoni come uno Studio... basta fare la prova pratica!
Potrebbe essere che si fa riferimento

È più credibile che ci siano stati dei pezzi americani marchiati con un nome sbagliato... sul forum se ne sono già visti.
Considera poi che c'è la forte tendenza di chi vende i Guardala tedeschi (quelli del turco) a tirar merda su quelli americani (che costano circa metà).

La cosa interessante è i Guardala americani, in tutto il mondo, li vende solo un negozio (WWBW) e i pochi che si vedono in vendita in giro sono tutti stati comprati direttamente da quel negozio (mi riferisco a quelli che vende Saxxas, negozio in Ungheria).